Thursday, March 6, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama...

If any of you have read Cady's latest blog update, you will know what I am writing about.

This week, the dentists are here. That alone, strikes fear in the hearts of any child at Sonlight. Since there really is no dental care around, we are lucky to have an amazing dentist who gives a week to come and help all of our students.

After seeing the dentist, our kids then get to have their teeth cleaned. They get to pick a prize out of the box...and who doesn't love prizes!! Shelldens loved her neon green basketball headband..

On Tuesday, we had to send home notes with our kids about getting vaccinations. So yesterday was the fateful day. I thought we were going to be okay, we had talked about it, but then...the vaccination people got a little confused. They all came into my classroom with their supplies, came to the front, and lined up. This created a little bit of freaking out (I would have too!). They left and went outside, and after recess it began. Most of my students were coming back in with smiles on their faces, and told me how strong they were. Then I had 6 girls who were bawling. Wailing. Crying so hard you would have thought their arm was about to fall off. Who loves getting shots?? Not these girls!!

If the students didn't bring back their sheet signed, they weren't able to get their shot. Most of my students brought their sheet back, some had already had their shots, and then there was Sophiana. Sophiana's sheet said no...and she was so upset!! So she sat at her seat, tears streaming down her face, all because she wanted to get a shot.

I really and truly hope today is better than yesterday!

No comments: