Friday, March 11, 2011

Missing...

It's Mardi Gras break in Haiti, and all of my friends there have been having a great couple of days.  I have been keeping up with emails, reading blog posts, and looking at pictures of their week.
I have also been starting to think more about my trip, and what exactly God has in store for us that week.  I am excited. I am ready.
I wake up some mornings and just miss it. I miss the smells. I miss walking out of my door and being greeted by a rush of heat. I miss hearing my name as I walk down the street and having little hands touch my arms, legs, and hands.  I miss the cheek kisses from some of my very favorite kids.  I miss it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

ashley pratt, i promise to call your name and touch you and kiss your face all week when you're here.

Ashley Pratt said...

you better..or i will just be super sad. :) love you.