Thursday, March 24, 2011

Serve...

Tuesday nights are some of my favorite nights.
I get to go downtown in my city...hang out with some pretty awesome people...and serve a group of people who are near to my heart.

The very first time I went downtown, this sweet boy came running at me and jumped in my arms. He told me his name and we decided we were best friends.
When the winter came, this boy and his brother stayed inside. I never got to see them...even though each Tuesday I would stare at their house and hope they would come out!

This past Tuesday...we were walking to another house...and I heard this tiny little voice yelling..."Ashley! Ashley!" I turned around...and there was my boy.  I ran towards him and he came as well, in his sock feet, and jumped in my arms!

I love how God uses those moments to remind us how much He loves us.

No comments: