Friday, April 8, 2011

A Few Favorites...

So, this being here for the week wasn't what I had initially planned...but I will take it. And run with it!
I honestly can't believe that the week is pretty much over.  Wow!  But, I have done a few of my favorite things this week...so I can't complain.

I have gotten to spend some great time in quiet time with God.  Getting up at 5:30, it doesn't always lend itself to a super awake, super functioning quiet time.  I have got to work on that!  Anyway, this week...I have gotten to spend some time reading, writing, and just praying more, and that's been a pretty great feeling.  If only I had a porch swing to do all this on!

Yesterday, I got to take maternity shots of a couple of my close friends.  They are due in May, and so it was just fun to get out in the beautiful morning sunshine and just shoot.  We had a great time, and we got some great shots.  At least I hope that we did! :)  I forget how much I love to take pictures, until I really get a chance to spend time doing that, editing, and just seeing what moments were captured.

I have gotten a chance to spend some time with some of my kids from downtown.  That has been a definite 'thank you God' moment!  We took a few of them to the park the other day...and what a great time we had!  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, soccer ball, bubbles, football, and kites...these were just a few of the things that we used to make our day pretty complete.

My lovely boyfriend and I have also gotten to spend some great times together this week.  That has been a blessing as well.  He's pretty great...so without getting all 'girly', I have enjoyed all of our time together!! :)

So, while Spring Break may have not been what I thought it would be, it did let me enjoy some time with some of my favorite things!

No comments: