Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I got this...

Sometimes, I don't listen.  I know, I know, a lot of times...we don't like to listen.
But then, I notice, that when I don't listen, it's because I don't want to hear what someone is telling me.
Or because, I think I have got this on my own.
That seems to be my biggest problem. I think it's a problem for a lot of people.
Why should I listen to (enter name here), I have got this!  I don't need their help!
And I say this with certainty, because, I say it often to myself.

And then God breaks me.

A few weeks ago, there was a lot on my plate.  I had feelings that I hadn't felt before because of a boy, I was busy with the yearbook at work, we had a big accreditation visit coming up that I had to be interviewed for, and I was just tired.  Throughout the week, I kept feeling these emotions bubbling inside of me, and I just pushed them down and said I was fine.  But I wasn't.
I was anxious.
I was nervous.
I was worried.
I was scared.

And then, I spent a weekend with some high school kids. And with God. And that's what I needed.
God broke me. He reminded me through His word, His songs, and just His love, that "Hey Ashley, I've got this".  And he reminded me of that all weekend long.  And then the next week. And the week after. And so on.  God continues to remind me that "He's got this" and I just need to lean back, relax, and enjoy the life that He has blessed me with.  Yes, there have been hiccups along the way, but why wouldn't there be? Life isn't easy...but with Him, He makes it pretty bearable.

No comments: