Saturday, May 24, 2008

2 Suitcases...too many memories

1 week left.

As I look around my room...which is a complete disaster zone as I try to pack, I wonder how I can pack 3 years of my life into 2 suitcases (well...3 because I get one of Cady's too).

I can pack up my pictures, clothes, books, and even school stuff, but I can't pack up all my memories. I am so glad that God gave me the opportunity to be here. I catch myself getting emotional alot during the day...and I just can repeatedly give thanks that he has let me be here. I have grown so much...and I can't even really begin to explain the ways I have changed.

I am going to miss being here...but one thing I do know is that my love of missions won't ever change. And my love of Haiti will never go away.

Which could mean...I may be back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, we work in Haiti and are located in Cincinnati. I would be interested in speaking with you. You can go on our website at www.restavecfreedom.org to know more about who we are or you can email me at joan@triconus.com. I would be interested in speaking with you about your experience. Hope to hear from you.