Friday, May 16, 2008

Group Time...

Having a group here always means being busy! I am 'in charge' (and I say that loosely haha) of being the tour guide around Port-de-Paix. I have employed Allison as my help...and Cady as well!
Its always an amazing experience, seeing the different reactions from the groups. There are people who immediately get right in the middle, love on the kids, do anything they can. There are those who step back and take time to take it all in, and then there are those who just feel a burden and want to help out. The amazing thing is, is that I think you can be all of these 'people'. When I came to visit, I loved playing and talking to the kids. I also had to take some time, and I was very quiet and retrospective (which everyone knows isn't really me!!), and then I felt that I needed to help. I wanted to help. So here I am!
Anyway...groups are fun. They always bring a different dynamic, a different feeling with them...and I enjoy getting to meet new people!

No comments: