Friday, May 9, 2008

Its Gettin' Hot In Here...

Today is the first official HOT day. Now granted you may say...Ashley, you live in Haiti. Right, but today it was hot, all day long. Not humid for the morning with some rain to cool us off. Or a nice breeze that breaks up the heat. Today was a hot, humid, heavy day. And this meant...hot, sweaty, sticky kids!
In the mornings, our kids have abour 25 minutes to run around, play, talk, etc...before pledge starts. This morning as we were lining up, I had a line full of boys with sweat just dripping off their faces. Then at recess...they just ran and ran and ran...and were soaked by the end! Walking into the classroom, Febens gave me one of his famous hugs, which meant the whole front of my shirt was covered in sweat!!
Good to know my kids love me...even when they are sweaty!

No comments: