Friday, February 29, 2008

Where did our puppet go??

My roommate Cady is a professional prankster...from the stories I have heard...she became a legend in college! So it comes as no surprise that she has now begun her pranking in Haiti...the targets, my 1st graders!
Cady 'puppet-napped' our favorite puppet, Jackie Chan (my students lovingly named him). On Tuesday morning, she 'sent' us a note that said something is missing from your classroom. What is it?? After we decided that it wasn't Vasthie (who was out sick with chicken pox...as you can see below), we realized that it was the beloved Jackie Chan.
So I have taken this opportunity to use this time to teach...hard to believe I know! But we are writing letters, describing him, and working on our sentences. The students have been really funny about it, and are always asking me if I have seen Jackie when I leave the room for just a second! Even yesterday in the late afternoon, I saw one of my students who asked me if I had seen Jackie Chan, and then asked me if he was in the box that I was carrying! It will be a funny day once we find him! I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

cady said...

ok, "legend" is a bit of a strong term to describe me...but i do love the pranks!

where will jackie chan appear next? who knows??!!!